Effective Drug Addiction Treatment Methods
Drug addiction is a problem that affects individuals and their loved ones, and no one is immune to its destruction.
Addiction is an equal opportunity destroyer. Fortunately, there are places where people can find effective drug addiction treatment methods that can set them on the path to a new, drug-free life.
In this day and age, addiction treatment has become both comprehensive and accessible. The most effective drug addiction treatment methods follow a basic outline:
- Detoxification – in which the body is detoxified from all illicit substances, typically under the care of medical professionals
- In-Depth Evaluation – therapists assess the client for co-occurring disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc.
- Medication Management – medication is used to manage withdrawal symptoms and/or to treat co-occurring disorders
- Behavioral Therapy – therapists typically use methods like CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy)
- Psychotherapy – this includes individual and group therapy in which people can begin processing emotions and past traumas that have been affecting their sobriety; it also includes family therapy
- Educational Programs – clients and families are taught about the disease of addiction, relapse prevention planning, and life skills
Many drug addiction treatment programs now offer a more holistic approach to recovery that often includes physical wellness activities, nutritional programming, yoga and meditation, etc. Most effective drug addiction treatment methods are part of a comprehensive program that offers many options. A large number of drug and alcohol rehabs will offer Residential/Inpatient Treatment (which can be either-short term or long-term), Day/Partial Hospitalization Programs, Outpatient/IOP (Intensive Outpatient), and Sober Living options. While many individuals will best benefit from the full range of programs, others will not require every phase of treatment for their recovery.
As noted above, treatment centers will conduct an in-depth evaluation of each client to devise a treatment plan that best suits their individual needs. In addition, other resources, such as 12-step programs, can help individuals who are suffering from addiction.
If you or someone you love needs help overcoming addiction, please contact us anytime at (337) 456.9111.
Share This Post: